The documents that we require for FICA purposes for opening an EasyEquities account are the following:
- A valid South African identity document / Passport or Drivers Licence
A document which must reflect name / initials and surname, physical address or property descriptions (i.e. erf/stand numbers) and must be less than 3 months old. This document can be:
- A utility bill, such as water, electricity or rates (less than 3 months)
- A bank statement indicating physical address information (less than 3 months old)
- A copy of a signed lease agreement (by both parties), (less than 1 year old)
- A municipal rates and taxes invoice (less than 3 months old)
- A mortgage statement (less than 6 months old)
- An official tax return/tax assessment (less than 1 year old)
- A recent life insurance policy issued by an insurance company
- Correspondence from a body corporate (less than 3 months old)
- A valid television license document
- A recent short–term insurance policy document/letter (less than 1 year old)
- A retail/telephone account statement/invoice (less than 3 months old)
- Where the person lives in any type of residence (eg. hostel/barracks) a letter from the administration department of such residence on an official letterhead.
The best way to submit your FICA documents to us is by way of our automatic upload facility on the website, which you can access directly via this link HERE. You need to be logged in to your account to use this facility.
Alternatively, you can email the documents to email@example.com
- Scanned copies will suffice.
- We run an independent verification of your details with a 3rd party verification service. Based on the results, we may need to request certified copies of certain documents from you.
- It is not strictly part of FICA, but we also need to verify your bank account so that when it comes time to withdraw funds it has been verified. Sending us a copy of your bank statement upfront, could save you from possible delay and frustration at a later stage.