✅ App ✅ Website ✅ Capitec Widget
Although we'd like to see everyone able to invest with EasyEquities all day every day, there are different market hours for each currency that you should be aware of. However, if you have missed the markets open time, you can place a buy instruction to be executed when the markets reopen. Check out this article for more information on buy instructions.
ZAR trading hours
- Between 09h10 (09h15 for ETFs) and 16h40 Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- ZAR trading will be closed on South African public holidays.
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange opens for trading at 09:00am. Between 8:45am and 09:00am the markets are in auction and trading is suspended.
- EasyEquities opens for trading at 09:15 to make allowance for the possibility of an extended auction.
- EasyEquities closes for trading at 16:40 so that we can prepare for the evening auction.
USD trading hours
- Between 09h30 and 16h00 EST (16h30 and 23h00 local time and 15h30 to 22h00 during US Daylight Savings Time) Monday to Friday.
- EasyEquities opens US trading for South Africa between 16:35 to 22:50 SAST and 15:35 to 21:50 SAST during US Daylight Savings Time to make allowance for auctions.
EasyEquities opens US trading for Australia: 23:35 to 05:50 AEST Monday to Friday to make allowance for auctions .
- USD trading will be closed on U.S holidays
AUD trading hours
- Between 10h15 and 15h50 AEST (02h15 and 07h50 local time) Monday to Friday. AUD trading will be closed on Australian holidays
As referenced in our EasyEquities Terms and Conditions, you may only open and close trades during the published trading hours above. We will not execute any instructions to trade outside of these hours.
Should the EasyEquities Platform allow for a trade entry outside these hours, we reserve the right to cancel any and all such Trade(s).