There are specific market hours for when the different exchanges are open.
Note, however, that you are able to schedule an investment or a sale of an investment at any time of day by placing a buy or sell instruction. This means your transaction will execute when the exchange next opens, at the price at the time it opens.
ZAR trading hours
- Between 09h10 (09h15 for ETFs) and 16h40 Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- ZAR trading will be closed on South African public holidays.
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange opens for trading at 09:00am. Between 8:45am and 09:00am the markets are in auction and trading is suspended.
- EasyEquities opens for trading at 09:15 to make allowance for the possibility of an extended auction.
- EasyEquities closes for trading at 16:40 so that we can prepare for the evening auction.
USD trading hours
- Between 09h30 and 16h00 EST (16h30 and 23h00 local time and 15h30 to 22h00 during US Daylight Savings Time) Monday to Friday.
- USD trading will be closed on U.S holidays
AUD trading hours
- Between 10h15 and 15h50 AEST (02h15 and 07h50 local time) Monday to Friday. AUD trading will be closed on Australian holidays
As referenced in our EasyEquities Terms and Conditions, you may only open and close trades during the published trading hours above. We will not execute any instructions to trade outside of these hours.
Should the EasyEquities Platform allow for a trade entry outside these hours, we reserve the right to cancel any and all such Trade(s).