✅ App ✅ Website ✅ Capitec Widget
A buy instruction is created when a trade is placed outside of market hours* or during an intra-day auction. Your buy instruction will be converted into a buy trade when the market opens on the next trading day or once the intra-day auction has ended.
How to set up a buy instruction
Here is step-by-step guide on how to create a buy instruction:
- Log in to your account.
- Select Invest Now at the top of the page.
- Make sure you have the right account selected on the account selector.
- Optional: Use the filter options to narrow down all the available companies and exchange traded funds to invest in or use the search bar below that if you know what to look for.
- Select what you would like to invest in
- Insert the rand amount you want to invest under Investment Amount.
- Select the once-off investment option (you can do as many once-off investments as you like)
- Select the Buy At Open button. This will create a Buy Instruction that can be viewed under Pending Transactions.
Read how to create a buy instruction on using the Capitec widget here.
While you have pending buy instructions, the purchase value of those buy instructions will be held by us to make the purchase when the market is open and will not, therefore, be available as free cash. If you want to access the cash, you will need to cancel the buy instruction.
How to cancel a buy instruction
A pending buy instruction can be cancelled by following these easy steps.
- Head to Menu on the top left of your screen
- Click on Pending Transactions under My Investments
- Click Cancel on the transaction you wish to cancel.
- Lastly click Cancel Order to confirm the cancellation.
When are the markets open?
Take a look at the different trading hours for the account types here.
Trading will be closed on public holidays relevant to the country of the exchange.