Setting up an EasyEquities account for a Close Corporation
If you are looking to set up an EasyEquities account for a legal entity, such as a Close Corporation, it's important to note that accounts for Legal Entities are currently only available to South-African entities.
The person authorised to open the account on behalf of the Legal Entity must complete the online application form and then email the documents listed below to our New Accounts department at email@example.com.Complete Online Form
The documents will be checked against the application form, and if in order, you will be sent a welcome email with all the account details. If not, you will be provided with guidance as to how to complete the process.
Of critical importance to the successful registration of your CC is the accurate completion of the Member details and the UBO (ultimate beneficial ownership) details of the CC in the UBO form below.
Please see below for more information on the type of documents you may be required to submit in the below table.
|Acceptable verification documents
|Documents required for the Close Corporation
- Completed Application form
- Completed UBO form
- Founding Statement and Certificate of Incorporation (CK1) or CIPRO certificate.
- Amended Founding Statement (CK2), if applicable or CIPRO certificate.
- CKI or CIPRO certificate.
- Members Resolution / Authority to Act Form, printed on the CC letterhead, signed by all members and nominating one signatory/representative
- Proof of physical company address (less than 3 months old)
- Proof of bank account of the CC in the form of either:
- Copy of bank statement confirming bank details of the company (less than three months old); or alternatively
- An official signed letter from the bank, on a bank letterhead listing full details of the company bank account
- Copy of official SARS document less than 12 months old, showing the CC name and Income Tax number.
- Proof of VAT number (if applicable)
- Dividends Tax Exemption Form - completed and signed by the authorised User.
Documents/details required for all:
- Persons authorised to act
- Persons holding more than 25% of voting rights in the CC
|1. Proof of Identification
If not available:
- A valid South African issued Identity card OR green bar-coded identity document; OR
2. Proof of Residence
- A valid South African passport*
- A valid Proof of Residence document (see list of valid documents below), proving the authorised user lives at the address they register with.
- In addition to the documents, we require full contact details of the authorised individual.
The document must:
- Clearly reflect the name/initials and surname, physical address or property descriptions (i.e. erf/stand numbers), AND
- Be less than 3 months old.
Here is a list of valid FICA documents that can be used to verify physical residential address:
- A utility bill, such as water, electricity or rates (less than 3 months). We may accept a utility bill that are addressed to a post box number if it shows your name, erf/stand number, township and suburb
- A bank statement or financial statement from a financial institution (less than 3 months old)
- A copy of a signed lease agreement (by both parties), (less than 1 year old)
- A municipal rates and taxes invoice (less than 3 months old)
- A mortgage statement from another financial institution, (less than 6 months old)
- A telephone account, i.e. a landline or cellphone account (less than 3 months old)
- An official tax return/tax assessment (less than 1 year old)
- Official correspondence from the South African Revenue Services ("SARS") (less than 3 months old)
- A recent life insurance policy issued by an insurance company
- Correspondence from a body corporate or share–block association (less than 3 months old)
- A valid television license document
- A recent short–term insurance policy document or a short–term insurance renewal letter (less than 1 year old)
- A retail account statement/invoice (less than 3 months old)
- Where the person lives in any type of residence (eg. hostel/barracks) a letter from the administration department of such residence on an official letterhead.