How to open an account for Listed and Unlisted Companies
|HOW TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT FOR LISTED AND UNLISTED COMPANIES:|
The person authorised to open the account on behalf of the Legal Entity, must complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and then email the documents listed below to our New Accounts department at email@example.com
The documents will be checked against the application form, and if in order, you will be sent a welcome email with all the account details. If not, you will be provided with guidance as to how to complete the process.
PLEASE NOTE: Accounts for Legal Entities are currently only available to South-African entities.
Acceptable verification documents
Documents required for the Company
- Completed Application form - HYPERLINK
- Certificate of Incorporation (CM1) or CIPRO certificate / Memorandum of Incorporation CoR 15.1 or CIPC certificate.
- Notice of Registered Office and Postal Address (CM22) or CIPRO certificate / Notice of Change of Registered Address CoR 21 or CPIC certificate.
- Register of Directors CM29 or CIPRO certificate / Notice of change of Company Directors CoR 39.
- Directors Resolution / Authority to Act Form (HYPERLINK), printed on the company letterhead, signed by all members and nominating one signatory / representative
- Declaration of shareholding signed by the directors.
- Proof of physical company address (less than 3 months old)
- Proof of bank account of the company in the form of either:
- Copy of bank statement confirming bank details of the company (less than three months old); or alternatively
- An official signed letter from the bank, on a bank letterhead listing full details of the company bank account
- Copy of official SARS document showing the company name and income tax number.
- Proof of VAT number (if applicable).
- Dividends Tax Exemption Form (HYPERLINK) - completed and signed by the Authorised User.
Documents / details required for the:
- Principal Executive Officer of the Company
- Persons authorised to act
- Persons holding more than 25% of voting rights in the company
- Proof of identification
- Proof of Physical Residential address
In addition to the documents, we require full contact details of the authorised individual.
Please note: For guidance on what documents are acceptable for the two (2) required documents above, please refer to the related FAQ article FICA Documents Individuals