COVID-19 information: SA Corona Virus

EE FICA Documents Foreign Nationals

For foreign nationals, we require the following

You may register your account HERE

Non-South African citizens can still register for an EasyEquities account provided that they meet the requirements listed in points 1 or 2 immediately below.
  1. I am a citizen of one of the Common Monetary Area countries (Ie. Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland) OR
  2. I am NOT a South African citizen or citizen of the Common Monetary Area countries BUT I have:
    • A valid South African Identity document AND
    • An active South African bank account

If you meet one of these requirements then please email the documents listed in the detailed instructions below, through to our New Accounts department at

Proof of Identification

  • Submit certified copies of 2 different forms of Identity (Eg. passport AND drivers license)

Proof of Physical Residential Address

  • Submit a certified copy of a Proof of address document - this must reflect name/initials and surname, physical address, or property descriptions (i.e. erf/stand numbers) and must be less than 3  months old

A list of valid FICA documents that can be used to verify the physical residential address is detailed below: 
  • A utility bill, such as water, electricity or rates (less than 3 months)  We may accept a utility bill that is addressed to a post box number if  it shows your name, erf/stand number, township and suburb
  • A bank statement or financial statement from a financial institution (less than 3 months old)
  • A copy of a signed lease agreement (by both parties), (less than 1-year-old)
  • A municipal rates and taxes invoice (less than 3 months old)
  • A mortgage statement from another financial institution, (less than 6 months old)
  • A telephone account, ie. a landline or cellphone account (less than 3 months old)
  • An official tax return/tax assessment (less than 1-year-old)
  • Official correspondence from the South African Revenue Services ("SARS") (less than 3 months old)
  • A recent life insurance policy issued by an insurance company
  • Correspondence from a body corporate or share–block association (less than 3 months old)
  • A valid television license document
  • A recent short–term insurance policy document or a short–term insurance renewal letter (less than 1-year-old)
  • A retail account statement/invoice (less than 3 months old)
  • Where the person live in any type of residence (eg. hostel/barracks) a letter from the administration department of such residence on an official  letterhead
Proof of Bank AccountFor this part you can send through one of two types of document as follows:

  1. A copy of a bank statement no older than 3 months old, that is officially stamped by the bank OR alternatively
  2. An official letter from the bank, on bank letterhead, listing details of your account, signed by the bank

Problems with Proof of Physical AddressIt may be the case that you do not have one of the suitable "proof of address" documents listed above with your name on it.

This is usually the case where you may be l
iving with another person who is the homeowner such as a spouse, parent, sibling, life-partner

In these situations, you will need to provide "Proof of Residential" address by emailing us certified copies of the following documents:

  1. A document from the list of valid FICA documents row above, less than 3 months old, reflecting:

      • The name/initials and surname of the person you live with (Ie. spouse, parent, sibling, life-partner, etc.)
      • The physical address or property descriptions (i.e. erf/stand numbers)
  2. A copy of the identity document of the person you live with (Ie. spouse, parent, sibling, life-partner, etc.)
  3. The Confirmation of address form - HYPERLINK - completed and signed by the person you live with (Ie. spouse, parent, sibling, life-partner, etc.)

Student Accommodation
If you are a student residing at a student residence, hostel or boarding  house and are unable to provide proof from the homeowner, please send the following:

  • A written  statement from the educational institution or the residence, hostel or  boarding house (on a formal letterhead) confirming your residence at the physical address of such residence, OR
  • The attached "Confirmation of address" form, completed and signed by a representative of the educational institution, together with a proof of their identity

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.