You can download your tax certificates, complete with SARS codes to make your e-filing easier, directly from the 'Statements' page of the EasyEquities platform, by following the instructions below.
1. Login to your EasyEquities account. You can access the login page directly at this link - https://www.easyequities.co.za/Account/SignIn
2. Click on the stack menu (the 3 horizontal lines stacked on top of one another to the left of the EasyEquities Logo as highlighted in yellow in the image below) and then select the Statements option (see black arrow towards the bottom of that menu structure).
3. On the Statements Page, you will see dropdown options available for both Tax Certificates and Monthly Statements (unfortunately in beta at the moment and currently working hard at getting recent statements delivered).
Click on the dropdown arrow for Tax Certificates (highlighted in yellow in the image below), which will open up the Tax Certificate area of the page.
4. Once opened, you will see all the various tax certificates available to you, named with the primary account (eg. EasyEquities ZAR, TFSA, EasyEquities RA etc.) to which the statements relate.
In the example below, you can clearly see that the Investor has tax certificates available for three of his / her accounts as follows:
1. EasyEquities ZAR account, with a #Invest Aggressive Growth Bundle beneath.
2. TFSA account, with an Emperor Everest Bundle beneath
3. EasyEquities RA account, with two bundles (Balance Fund and Medium equity fund)
Please note: Should an Investor have ownership of a bundle during a particular tax year, then he / she will have a separate statement for each separate bundle owned.
If you then open / expand the primary account (EasyEquities ZAR in the image below) by clicking on the little black downward facing arrow, you will see the available tax statements for that primary account for the years for which they're available.
In the example below, you can see that there are four (4) statements available for download for the primary account. Three (3) of them are historic statements for past years. The statement highlighted in yellow is for the current tax year (as indicated by the Feb 2018 year-end in the filename) and is an IT3 (B) & (C), the particular type of tax statement for this account. You can consult this blog article for some info on tax statement types - Know your B's and C's
Please note: When you download a bundle tax statement for a bundle held in one of your primary accounts (eg. ZAR, TFSA, RA etc), the account number on the cover of that bundle statement will not be the same as the account number for the primary account, nor will it bear any correlation to the EE number (UserID) you are used to on your account as the bundles follow an entirely different account number convention.
There will only be a tax certificate available for download if you became an EasyEquities client prior to the end of a particular tax year.
The tax year runs from 1 March to the end of February every year.