✅ App ✅ Website ❎ Capitec Widget
A recurring investment is a way to fund your account or invest in a specific instrument at regular intervals.
A recurring investment into available funds allows you to have money deposited from your bank account into your EasyEquities account for you to invest with as you wish.
A recurring investment into a specific instrument means that a deposit is made and then used to invest in a share, ETF, bundle or basket that you have specified.
A Recurring Investment can be set up by following one of the 3 easy methods:
1.From the Recurring investments page
- Log in to your EasyEquities account
- Click on the My Recurring Investments option in the stack menu which appears at the top left of the page.
- Click on the Setup Recurring Investment button under the specific type of recurring Investment you'd like to make.
- Equities, bundles or baskets
Clicking on the setup button under either equities, baskets or bundle type investments will take you to the Browse companies page from which you can search for and select the shares, ETFs, bundles or baskets you would like to invest in. After making your selection you should arrive at the Buy page of that share or instrument and can then continue to method 2 below.
- Available Funds
Clicking on the setup button under Available Funds will take you directly to the Recurring Investments setup page. Select the payment method you would like to use to move funds into your free cash - the only option for this type is Debit Order from Bank Account which will already be selected as the default option when you arrive on the page. Please note, if your bank account is not verified, you will see a warning that debit order functionality isn't available until you verify your bank account. Consult this FAQ article for details on how to do so.
- Equities, bundles or baskets
2. From the Buy page
- Log in to your EasyEquities Account
- Navigate to Invest Now and select the share, ETF, bundle or basket you would like to invest in.
- Select / enter the amount you'd like to invest.
- Click on the Recurring button and you will be taken to the setup page.
3. From an instrument (share / ETF/ bundle/ basket) you own
- All the instruments in your portfolio can be found on the Account Overview screen of the relevant account they are in by selecting 'View Holdings'.
- Each item in your portfolio has a small expandable arrow next to the Sell or Buy More options.
- Select 'Recurring' on this expanded menu and you'll be taken to the setup page.
Recurring Investment setup
Once you reach the recurring investments page you'll be able to specify a number of details related to your transactions.
- The recurring investment amount as well as a 10% default value for the annual increase percentage can be changed on this page.
- Choose whether you want the charges option for the specific Recurring investment to exclude / be inclusive of transaction fees. For each recurring investment setup, you can choose the option that suits you at the time. This will override your site wide excluded vs inclusive settings.
- Choose a payment method for your Recurring Investment. The options are:
- Debit Order from Bank Account
By choosing this option you are giving EasyEquities permission to pull a selected amount from your bank account each month / quarter / year you choose. If you choose a Debit Order as the method to fund your recurring investment, you will need to confirm that the bank details displayed to you on the screen are accurate.
Accept the terms and conditions.
- Free Cash (available funds)
By choosing this option it will mean it is your responsibility to have free cash available in your account on the selected date of the Recurring Investment. If the funds are not there at the time we try to Invest them for you, the Recurring Investment will not be made. If you notice that only the free cash option of funding your recurring investment is available to you, it means that your bank account has not been verified Should you wish to set up a debit order, you will need to verify your bank account by following the instructions in this FAQ article. If you choose a Free cash as the method to fund your recurring investment, you need only accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the little box presented to you on the bottom left of the page.
- Choose when you want the payments to occur. You have the choice of making the recurring investment every month, quarter or year. If you choose the quarterly or annually options, you will be required to select the month on which you want the quarter or year to start.
- Choose the day on which you'd like the recurring investment to be made. You can choose the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month.
Once you have completed all your selections, click on the continue button - this will take you to the confirm your recurring investment page, which will summarize the full details of your recurring investment. Once you have checked all the details of your recurring investments and are happy they are correct, click on the Add to recurring button at the bottom right of the confirmation screen.
If you do not have sufficient funds and your debit order bounces, you will still be charged the R100 debit order failure charge. If there aren’t enough funds to cover the charge, or their aren’t enough available funds for a recurring investment, your balance will reflect as a negative balance. In order to bring your balance back to positive, you will either need to deposit funds or contact our trading desk to assist you in selling instruments (0101412202).
To view the costs associated with Recurring Investments, please consult our EasyEquities Cost Profile.