Transferring your portfolio from your existing broker to EasyEquities can be done by following these easy steps:
- Visit www.easyequities.co.za and register an account. You will be issued with an EasyEquities User ID which starts with EE.
- Complete the online form here to start the process.
- We'll send you an email with any forms you may need to complete for your transfer based on your transfer type.
- Remember to insert your 5/6 digit EasyEquities User ID as the reference on the transfer form.
- Remember to choose whether you are transferring your entire portfolio, or only certain shares (in which case list those shares in the table on page 2).
- Send the Share Portfolio Instruction form to your existing broker and request that they action the share and cash transfer.
- Send a copy of the Share Portfolio Instruction form as well as your latest portfolio statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. We need a historic portfolio statement in order to assign a base cost to the shares that are transferred. Without this information, the base cost of your shares will be set at zero.
Unfortunately, we have no control over the transfer process until your existing broker has transferred your shares and cash. You will need to follow up with your existing broker with regard to the status of your transfer request. As soon as we receive the shares and cash we will allocate them to your EasyEquities account.
Should you have any queries regarding your transfer please send an email to email@example.com.