Selling anything you own on EasyEquities is as easy as when you first bought it. Head over to your Portfolio. From there you'll be able to select what you would like to sell and confirm your sale.
Here is a step by step guide on how to sell your investments:
- Tap Portfolio
- Select the investment you want to sell
- Select the Investment from the list
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Sell
- Tap on the Choose percentage to sell slider
- Slide the slider to the percentage you want to sell and tap Next
- A summary will be displayed, tap Sell
- Confirm the sale on the presented dialog
- Complete the sale by tapping on Done or tap View Invoice to see the invoice details
- Invoice Details: Invoice number, Trade execution date, Trade value and Investment costs
Some tips about selling
If you wish to sell anything outside of market hours, this will create a sell instruction and your transaction will take place when the market opens up again. Take a read through this article here for more information on instructions and this article here for the market hours of each account.
You can only sell a certain value and cannot select a specific number of shares to sell.
Your sale takes place as a Market Order. This means that you cannot specify the price you would like to sell at and will receive the best price in the market at the time of your transaction.
If during market hours you cannot sell it could be that the share is currently in an intraday or volatility auction. Check out this article here for more info.